We are open - safety is our top priority!
Periodontal disease, commonly referred to as gum disease, involves the inflammation and infection of the gum line. When left untreated, gum disease in Peoria can lead to severe dental issues, like tooth shifting and loss. At our office, we can provide a gum disease cure that can help you regain your oral health.
What Causes Gum Disease?
Gum disease occurs when plaque builds up on the teeth and gums, causing irritation. When left untreated, plaque can develop into tartar, a harder substance that causes the gums to become further irritated. Fortunately, reversing gum disease is possible with treatment from our office. Contact us today to learn more about an effective gingivitis cure.
Gingivitis Symptoms to Watch
Gingivitis symptoms can be mild during the early stages of the disease. Here are some signs of gingivitis that may mean it’s time to visit the dentist.
- Puffy, red, or swollen gums
- Blood present when brushing or flossing
- Unpleasant-smelling breath
Early Signs of Gingivitis
During your dental exam, one of our experienced dentists will check your teeth and gums for signs of gingivitis. Gingivitis symptoms might include:
- Swelling and irritation along the gum line
- Gums beginning to recede
- Loose or shifting teeth
- Visible pus on the teeth and gums
- Pockets developing under teeth
Gum Disease Stages
There are three distinct stages of gum disease, each with its own unique symptoms.
- Gingivitis: During gingivitis, the gums have become irritated and inflamed, possibly causing bleeding while brushing or flossing. This is the only stage where a complete gingivitis cure can be achieved.
- Periodontitis: The second stage of gum disease, periodontitis occurs when there is permanent damage to the bone and gums supporting the teeth. Deep, inflamed pockets begin to form, trapping bacteria and causing the gum disease to rapidly progress.
- Advanced Periodontitis: This is the final stage of gum disease, where teeth begin to loosen and shift. Fortunately, visiting our office for gum disease treatment during the early stages can prevent these consequences. Schedule a consultation today if you’re experiencing gum disease symptoms.
Is There a Gingivitis Cure?
The best gingivitis cure is proper treatment and care from your dentist. At our practice, we provide gingivitis treatment that can repair your gums and smile. Prevention is key – don’t wait until the situation becomes worse if you’re experiencing signs of gum disease. Call our office today to learn more about curing gum disease in Peoria.
The Basics of Advanced Periodontal Disease and Gingivitis Treatment
Severe cases of gum disease often require more intensive treatment. If the disease has progressed to the second stage, you may be referred to a periodontist. These dental professionals specialize in repairing the gum tissue. Antibiotics and scaling or planing of the gums may be required to stop the irritation.
Reversing Gum Disease in Patients
During its early stages, gum disease in Peoria can be reversed with proper dental treatment. If you’re suffering from gum disease symptoms, it’s important to schedule an appointment with our office right away. Let us help you repair your gums and stop the progression of gum disease. Call us today to learn more about our gingivitis treatment options.