We are open - safety is our top priority!
How is Gum Disease Defined?
Periodontal disease, also referred to as gum disease, is characterized by the infection and inflammation of gum tissue. Gum disease in East Peoria can lead to more severe issues like tooth loss, if not treated effectively. Our practice offers treatment for reversing gum disease, allowing you to restore your oral health.
The Causes of Gum Disease
Gum disease is caused when plaque, a sticky substance filled with bacteria, builds up in the teeth and gums. If left untreated, plaque can further harden into tartar, which irritates the gums. Fortunately, regular cleanings from our office can help prevent gum disease from developing. Our dentists treat patients of all ages, helping them find an effective gingivitis cure.
Early Gingivitis Symptoms
Gum disease symptoms are often unnoticeable during the early stages of the disease. However, there are a few gingivitis symptoms to watch out for, including:
- Swollen, puffy, red gums
- Bleeding when flossing and brushing
- Bad breath
Signs of Gingivitis
If you’re experiencing signs of gingivitis, it’s important to schedule a dental exam with our office. Your dentist will look for the following symptoms:
- Swelling and irritated gums
- Receding gums
- Shifting or loose teeth
- Pus formation between teeth
- Inflamed pockets developing under teeth
Gum Disease Stages and What They Mean
Periodontal disease develops over three stages. The first stage, gingivitis, is the only stage where reversing gum disease can be achieved.
- Gingivitis: Gingivitis symptoms typically include bleeding while brushing or flossing since the gums are irritated or inflamed. Some patients experience no pain, but it’s still important to schedule an exam with the dentist for a gingivitis cure.
- Periodontitis: When periodontitis has developed, the bone and gums protecting the teeth have been permanently damaged. Deep pockets form at the gum line, trapping bacteria and food particles.
- Advanced Periodontitis: During the final stage of gum disease, teeth begin to loosen, shift, and even fall out. When you visit our office for gum disease treatment, you can avoid these severe consequences. Call us today if you’re experiencing signs of gum disease.
Is There a Gingivitis Cure?
Gum disease in East Peoria can be reversed with proper gingivitis treatment during its early stages. Our dentists can provide a thorough cleaning and effective gum disease cure that repairs your smile. Don’t wait until the situation worsens if you’re experiencing signs of gingivitis. Schedule an appointment with our office today.
Advanced Periodontal Disease and Gingivitis Treatment in Patients
Patients with severe cases of gum disease may be referred to a periodontist, who specializes in restoring the gum line. You may require procedures such as scaling and planing of the gums, or antibiotics to alleviate inflammation. We work closely with patients to find the gingivitis cure that addresses their dental issues.
Can Gum Disease Be Reversed?
Gum disease in East Peoria can be reversed during its early stages, but only with the help of a dentist. Our knowledgeable dentists develop treatment plans that can stop the progression of gum disease. If you’re experiencing gum disease symptoms, like bleeding while brushing and flossing, call our office today to learn about gingivitis treatment.