Did George Washington Really Have Wooden Teeth?
George Washington is one of the most famous people in the history of the United States of America. Washington was the leader of the Continental Army during the Revolutionary War. In addition he is one of the founding fathers of the country, and after the American Revolution he became the first President of the United States. But how much do you know about the man known as the “Father of our Country”?
George Washington was born on February 22, 1732 in Virginia. At the age of 17, Washington became a surveyor, receiving his license from the College of William and Mary. His work as a surveyor came to the attention of the Governor of Virginia who appointed Washington to a position with the Virginia Militia. His military career started with the French and Indian War, where he got valuable experience that would serve him well during the revolution.
George Washington also is a subject of much intrigue about his life. For example, as a young child Washington chopped down one of his father’s favorite cherry trees, to which Washington said that he “can not tell a lie”, and that he did cut down the tree. Also, folk tales are also told about the wooden teeth that Washington wore. While George Washington did have bad teeth, false teeth were made of ivory.
George Washington is one of the most famous individuals in history and his story is very interesting. To help learn more about the life and career of George Washington, we have put together a number of informative resources. We hope this helps you learn more about the father of our country!
- Biography of George Washington
- George Washington Was Born
- Life Before the Presidency
- A Biography of George Washington
- The Birthplace of Washington
- The White House: George Washington
- George Washington’s Life
- The History of George Washington
- George Washington Timeline
- Chronology of the Life of George Washington
- The Military History of Washington
- George Washington’s Military Career
- George Washington the Reluctant President
- George Washington: President of the United States
- The Life of George Washington
- George Washington Biographical Information
- George Washington in the American Revolution
- Facts About Washington’s Presidency
- Interesting Facts About Washington
- Forgotten Facts About the Life of Washington
- George Washington Accomplishments
- The Cherry Tree Myth
- The Fable of Washington and the Cherry Tree
- Facts About George Washington’s Teeth
- Wooden Teeth Myth
- Dunlap Periodontics
- Putting a Face on the First President
- George Washington: A Resource Guide
- Dunlap Dentists
- A Teacher’s Guide to George Washington
- Educational Resources on Washington