We Are Open – Safety is Our Top Priority!
We’ve reopened in accordance with CDC, O.S.H.A., and State Dental Board guidelines to responsibly resume seeing our patients for regular dental appointments and treatment. We want to assure you of the measures we take to maintain a clean and safe environment so you can continue to receive needed dental care without fear or concern.
Posted on: November 11, 2014
Dental Implants – Get the Facts
With today’s best dental implants, you can get your winning smile and your confidence back fast. Affordable dental implants are available to almost all patients who have lost one or more natural teeth due to periodontal disease or injury. Even if you already have dentures or bridgework, a dental implant dentist may be able to help you find a more attractive and stable solution.
Here are some of the most common questions about dental implants:
- How Do Dental Implants Work? A dental implant is a metal device that is surgically inserted into the jawbone to serve as an anchor for an artificial tooth. Dental implants can also support bridges or dentures.
- Do Implants Look Similar to My Natural Teeth? Implants look natural and feel just like your own teeth. They attach to your jawbone in a different way and require different maintenance and repair procedures.
- Who Places Dental Implants? A specialist like a periodontist or oral surgeon usually places implants. Some general dentists may also have advanced training in surgical implants.
- Am I a Candidate for Dental Implants? Healthy people who have missing teeth are generally good candidates. However, if you have serious medical problems such as cancer, uncontrolled diabetes, or serious gum disease, implants may not fuse to your bone properly. A dental implant dentist will be able to tell you if implants are a good option.
- Is It Possible to Re-Grow Bone to Support Implants? Several techniques can be used to graft bone into extraction sockets or regenerate lost bone structure. Placing dental implants may actually help to prevent further bone loss.
- Do Dental Implants Require Special Care? Good oral hygiene and regular visits to your dentist and dental hygienist are essential for monitoring implants and the tissues surrounding them.
To learn about our family dentistry practice in Peoria, call Maple Shade Dental Group today or make an appointment.
Maple Shade Dental Group offers affordable family dentistry and gentle, compassionate dental care in Peoria. With 3 affiliated practices throughout Peoria, our offices are conveniently located with extended hours to meet your needs. At Maple Shade Dental Group, we provide most dental services, from basic preventative care and general dentistry to specialized procedures and complete dental reconstruction. We accept most dental insurance plans and offer affordable financial solutions for any budget. Patient satisfaction is our top priority and we strive to provide the exceptional, affordable dental care and personal touch that lead to lasting relationships. A smiling patient is our greatest reward and we look forward to keeping those smiles healthy, beautiful, and bright. Discover an affordable dentist who truly cares at Maple Shade Dental Group.